Step by Step
- Hi, I am Kuriko. Right now I am in Nagoya.
- Do you know the famous dish “Hitsumabushi” served in Nagoya?
- You may have heard about Unagi-Don (Eel on rice), haven’t you?
- “Hitsumabushi” is thinly sliced eel served on top of rice.
- It has become a famous dish which is served in Nagoya.
- Today I want to introduce how to eat Hitsumabushi.
- How to eat Hitsumabushi
- First, divide the rice and the eel in four equal parts
- Put the first part into your little bowl and eat it without any additions
- Put the second part into your little bowl again, but this time add seasonings like wasabi, spring onions and nori.
- Feel free to only add seasonings you like.
- Put the third part into your little bowl again, add seasonings and this time, pour some broth on it as well. This is called “Ochazuke”
- Put the last part into your little bowl and eat it the way you enjoyed the most!
- Please try “Hitsumabushi” when you come to Nagoya!
- ※Special Thanks Okafuji https://unagi-okafuji.com/